Work, Play and Live in a Mission, TX New Home From Bentsen Palm
Shop, Explore or Relax Near the Rio Grande Valley
The Rio Grande Valley is a popular destination for birders, and other Mission, TX area attractions for nature enthusiasts and anyone who loves to be active year-round. The area’s natural habitat, wildlife and unique qualities attract a variety of birds that can’t be found anywhere else in the U.S. And the area’s average temperature of 74 degrees is a powerful pull for both winter Texans and full-time residents.
Many of Mission, TX area attractions include beautiful spots that are minutes from your Mission, TX new home, and communities in Bentsen Palm – including the Bentsen-Rio Grande Valley State Park, National Butterfly Center and World Birding Center. Treasures await your discovery a little further from home as well.
Mission, TX Area Attraction and Activities Near Bentsen Palm:
- From the resacas scattered across the Rio Grande Valley to saltwater fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, this area is an angler’s delight. The resacas – old river beds that still hold water – are good for panfish, bass, sunfish, and Rio Grande perch. The Gulf of Mexico holds redfish, trout, flounder, and snook.
- There are 14 golf courses located in the Mission/McAllen/Edinburg area, including the highly rated Los Lagos Golf Course in Edinburg and Palm View Golf Course in McAllen.
- South Padre Island Beach. With 34 miles of uninterrupted beach, there is an abundance of options for fun in the sun, including snorkeling, surfing, fishing – or just taking it easy.
- Explore an interactive science playground at McAllen’s International Art and Science Museum, or visit the Museum of South Texas History at the historic 1910 county jail in Edinburg.
- Both the young and young at heart will love this 4-acre BMX park in McAllen.
- The Rio Grande Speedway features modifieds, street stocks, bombers and 4-cylinder classes racing on a 1.4-mile semi-banked clay oval track every other weekend.
- Shop til you Drop! Visit the Rio Grande Valley Premium Outlet Center in Mercedes, or travel across the border to Nuevo Progreso and check out the many mercados.
- Located just 15 minutes to La Plaza Mall and the McAllen International Airport
One of the biggest advantages of living in Bentsen Palm is its proximity to literally anything you could want or need, including many McAllen area attractions. And for those times when you just want to relax – there are plenty of options for that, too!