The Bentsen Palm Process – What to Expect Before, During, & After Your Build
Breaking ground on a new home in Bentsen Palm is exciting. It’s a chance for you to make every last cabinet, closet, and paint color speak to you. It’s also something that might make you feel in over your head if you’re not aware of the timelines or building stages. From shopping for lots to move-in day, read on to learn about the major steps you’ll encounter while building a home.
Before you Build with Bentsen Palm
- Before you do anything, you’ll need to make a list that helps you work through how you intend to live in your home and how that translates to the details you want. During the Design Stage, figure out answers to questions like, “How many square feet do we want/need?”, “Should the master bedroom face east or west?”, and, “Do we want all bedrooms on the second floor?” These are all details that Bentsen Palm sales consultants work through with you. This is also where you’ll see how far your dollars will go, and what it will take to make your dreams come true. Thinking through these details with a professional will set you up for maximum satisfaction when your project is done.
- Decide your space needs and Choose a Lot. Large or small, it doesn’t matter but it is important that you allocate part of your budget to the differences in a property. Make sure the house design you’re envisioning will fit properly. These are all great conversations to have with your design consultant. They’ll know the building restrictions of each area and will point you in the right direction.
During the Build
- Once the Site Preparation stage starts, you can pass the torch to the experts. Everything will be set in stone as far as the look and construction of your home and that barren plot of land you’ve chosen will be prepped and ready to become the site of your new home. Workers will be busy clearing, excavating, and leveling the lot according to your architect’s plan. They’ll outline the footprint of your home with stakes. It’ll be the first time that you will be able to see the rough shape of your home on your property and can be exhilarating.
- Foundation and Framing are the next steps of construction. Workers pour the concrete slab of your foundation. Your home will have a stable structure for framing. Floors, walls, and roof will be “framed” out with wood. You can think of this as the skeleton of your home. After that, exterior finishes like plywood and house wrap will be applied to seal off the inside from the outside. Keep in mind that delays can happen if the weather is too wet for concrete to set or failed inspections lead to longer construction time.
- Now that your home has its basic structure, workers can begin filling it with the things that make it function and look like a home. We like to call this The Guts. Heating and cooling units, plumbing lines, and electrical systems will be put into place. Shortly after that, insulation, drywall, and walls will be next on the schedule.
- This is the phase where your home will start to look more like one. Flooring will be going in, cabinets will be hung, and the pretty stuff like trim and moldings will be installed. Paint will start to go on the walls and you can finally breathe because this is the stage you have been waiting for.
- Delivery trucks will make frequent stops at your home during this end stage. That’s because now is the time when subcontractors begin installing faucets, countertops, light fixtures, plugs, and appliances. The front of your yard will also be undergoing a lovely natural transformation.
Closing On Your Home
- The moment you’ve been waiting for has arrived. The final days are finally here, but not before you have done a “Walk Through” of the home. In addition to inspecting it and making sure that everything is right, and as it should be, make sure that all of your expectations are documented on your punch list. Once this final work is done, you can Close on your Home, get the keys to your house, and breath easy.
Building a new home in Bentsen Palm means the entire home will be new and under Warranty. Most builders who work with us in the Bentsen Palm community, offer a 1-year builder warranty, 2-year mechanicals warranty and a 10-year structural warranty on the homes they build. NOW you can breathe easy.